HOW YOU CAN HELP
There are many ways you can help the Friends of Hartford Manor, whatever time you have to offer. We are all parents with busy lives, just like you. Some of the roles do take some time but are wonderfully rewarding. If you can't commit to one of these, there are things you can do less frequently, (e.g. running a stall at the Summer Fair). And you can always support our events by turning up - or sending your children along.
Here are some ways you can help Friends of Hartford Manor:
- If you're doing any online shopping, please go via The Giving Machine to earn donations for the school at no cost to yourself. With over 600 shops participating, including John Lewis, Marks and Spencer and Next, it's so simple to click, shop and give. Sign up now - it only takes two minutes!
And we get a commission from Easy2Name name labels as well - visit their site to place your orders and search for 'Hartford Manor CP School'. They have a brilliant range of iron-on, sew-on, and stick-on nametapes, as well as bags and tags, letter transfers and shoe labels.
- If your employer operates a match funding scheme, please get in touch. This makes a big difference to the funds an event can generate and takes little time to apply for. Barclays is a leader in this field, so if you work for them we'd love to hear from you. But there are also many other companies who offer similar schemes - have a look at the file below to see if yours is one of them.
- We're always on the lookout for raffle prizes big and small. If you own or work for a company that would be willing to donate something, please get in touch. Or if you have some unwanted items e.g. wine, chocolate, biscuits, perfume that you'd be willing to donate, please let us know
- If you're a talented crafter or baker, you could help us with our annual Candy Cane Corner stall at Hartford's Victorian Christmas Fair. We need people behind the scenes who can help in advance to make goodies to sell, and also people to help set up and staff the stall on the day. If this sounds like you, then please get in touch via email, our Facebook page or by leaving a message with the school office.
- If you're the sort of person who loves personal challenges, you could consider making us one of the beneficiaries next time you do a sponsored run, mountain climb or bungee jump!
Some parents are unable to commit time but still want to help and be involved, so they prefer to make their contribution by making a donation to us e.g. by paying for the DJ at a disco or for the Christmas tombola prizes, or simply by transferring some funds. If this interests you, please drop us an email, we'd love to hear from you.
It takes a lot of work behind-the-scenes to create successful events. We are very grateful to anyone who can volunteer to help set up an event or to help during it e.g. by staffing the tuck shop at a disco, or by running a stall at the Summer Fair. Whatever help you can offer makes a difference and is much appreciated.
Events don't happen by themselves - they need people to organise them! If this sounds like something you could do, then the Committee is the place for you. It doesn't require a huge amount of time and it gives such a feeling of satisfaction to see the children enjoy themselves. Why not dip your toes in the water and come along to our next meeting to get an idea of what's involved. We'd love to see you!